Something For Everyone
We do our best to constantly offer something for every age and member of the family. Whether young or young-at-heart, we aim to help you in your pursuit to follow Christ.
Our Children’s church is a dedicated time of worship designed for children, grades 1-6, during the teaching portion of our Sunday morning 9:30 am service. This is followed by a dedicated group of teachers leading age-appropriate Bible classes starting at 11:00 am.
Children’s Quizzing is a Bible Study for children in grades 1-6. The philosophy of Children’s Bible Quizzing is Bible study. It is important to help children know what the Bible says and help them demonstrate biblical teachings in actual life situations. The goal of Children’s Bible Quizzing is for children to know the God of the Bible. Sunday evenings at 6:00pm and Wednesdays at 7:00pm. Contact Linda Hohstadt (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more information.
Puppet Ministry, called Master’s Hands, is designed to give our older children (4th grade and up) an opportunity to learn a great ministry skill that is both fun and creative. This group performs throughout the year and practices every Sunday at 5:00 pm. Contact Kris Schmidt (email@example.com) for more information.
Our student ministries aims to offer a lot of varied opportunities to grow and learn and build in community. We meet for 3 regularly scheduled gatherings:
- Sunday School – age appropriate classes for 7th-12th graders every Sunday at 11:00am
- Student Small Groups – a interactive Bible study every Sunday at 6:00pm
- Time Out – a fun, interactive time of games, worship, and a lesson aimed at developing followers of Christ. Every Sunday at 5:30pm
We also offer activities throughout the year such as camp, talent and sports competitions, movie nights, park activities, service projects and more. For up-to-date information, visit www.tcfstudents.org or visit our facebook page.
Our women’s ministry seeks to connect women to each other and to God through Bible studies, outreach ministries and social events. Our major events are the Women of Faith Conference in September and a retreat. Other activities are being planned for this coming year. We have three women’s groups that anyone is welcome to attend:
Three Women’s Bible Studies:
- Sunday nights at 6:00 p.m. at the church in the College/Career Classroom led by Susan Schmidt. The group is studying the book, Choose Joy, by Kay Warren. The author shares the path to experiencing soul-satisfying joy no matter what you’re going through. Joy is deeper than happiness, lasts longer than excitement, and is more stisfying than pleasure and thrills.
- Wednesday nights at 7:00 p.m. at the church. We will take a look at Me, Myself & Lies by Jennifer Rothschilds. This six-week DVD driven Bible study will encourage you to clean out the junk in your thoughts and replace these hidden negative thoughts and failures with positive truths from God’s word. Rather than struggling with self-esteem, body image, stress and other unhealthy thoughts and emotions learn to replace the lies you may have been telling yourself with the truth from God’s word. This study will begin on Wed, 1/21 at 7 pm in room 211 with an introduction to the study and will be followed up by six weekly sessions. There will be daily work each week. The cost will be $15.
The Prayer Quilt Ministry meets the first Saturday of each from from 9 a.m. – noon in the church foyer. Contact Fran Spencer for more information or if you know of anyone in the church who is having surgery and would appreciate a quilt.
For further information or questions, contact Lou Ann Martin
Our Military Ministry is a ministry based on care and recognition of those that have served in the past or are currently are serving in our country’s military services. This ministry supports our troops through prayer and care packages as they defend our country.
For more information, visit the ministry table in the foyer or contact Karen Brown.
Crown Financial Ministries
Crown Financial Ministries is a Christ-centered, Bible-based ministry whose core values include recognition of God’s ownership of all things, the need to pray about everything, and the desire to equip and serve others with excellence while teaching in ways understood by all cultures and generations.
Led by Jim Vennen and John Egbert. Contact either if interested in participating.